Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Brent said...

So this morning I was feeling fine-ish. I was thinking about how guys have such a wandering tendency when it comes to girls, or I think so at least. The thought depressed me a little. Then I thought, did I trick Brent into marrying me or did he fall in love with me and want me. So I asked him.

Natalie: Did you fall in love with me or did I trick you.
Brent: [no hesitation] you tricked me.
N: [sinking a bit] so now you're thinking you're stuck with me and you got tricked.
B: [again--no hesitation] nope. i'm still tricked.

Now he said that without missing a beat and not even for my reaction b/c he was in the closet and wasn't even looking at me. I was floating. Brent isn't one to be mushy gushy in the slightest. He's not emotional or sappy. He's just honest. Which, unfortunately, sometimes can be brutal or devastating for me. But not today. It was the perfect thing to say. at the perfect time. in the perfect way. I love him. a. whole. lot. even if i did have to trick him to marry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment