Thursday, August 12, 2010

the lord gave me a day off

Seriously. I woke up and Jackson was just wanting to fight. He was ranting about one thing and then another. As Brent was leaving I was in tears about how I just didn't want to do it today. I didn't want to spend a day trying to fend off a fight after fight. I begrudgingly went to the gym but then decided to sit and start the book of mormon on the couches before going to get the boys. (I hadn't started it yet for this year but i like to try to read it all the way through every year.) It was nice. I thought "I can handle today now." Then as we were pulling into the house Jackson asked to go to the neighbor's house to play and I just said fine. He was there for three hours and Teresa actually sent him home the same time i opened the garage to go get him for a quick grocery errand. In that time though I managed to clean my downstairs well enough for company and even sit and read the book of mormon a little more. I think it's fun to read it like a novel throughout the day instead of waiting for "scripture study" for 10 minutes when it suddenly feels more boring. Jackson was great the rest of the day. Missionaries came for dinner which I had never made before but I thought was delicious. Brent played basketball leaving me to play on the computer, watch tv, clean a little upstairs, and just relax. I just think the Lord heard my prayers. He thought "ok natalie, I'll give you this one, but I want you to recognize what i've done, act appreciatively, and show more love for your kids." so i'm trying to remember....thats what the book of mormon teaches.....to remember. I always mark that word in it. i love flipping through it and finding that word marked. it stands out as it should. so much of what we need to do on earth is remember....our covenants, our blessings, to keep the commandments, our promises, our ancestors, and Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment